Squinting Through The Sunshine




As the rainy season officially arrived with a splash, I watched the last days of fun and vacation season come to an end. I let summer pass me by, but in my mind,I remember my days of sheer happiness in the beach with nary a care to the sunburn that will ensue; the times I've spent with friends and family traveling and picnicking;







the feel of the wind blowing through my hair as I journey to some off-the-beaten path;




and the touch of sunshine and sea breeze on my skin--so vivid and real, that I can almost smell the sea, feel the cool water on my feet and hear the waves. Sigh, unfortunately, I had none of those of late. Or at least not yet.




These images flash through my mind at random hours of the day--right while I'm in the middle of my work, before I fall asleep or as I sit idly in front of my computer surfing through the summer outing pictures of my Facebook friends. My longing for travel intensifies even more when people tell me what wonderful time they had during their recent excursions. Don't get my wrong, I am darn happy for them that they get the chance to do that which I so badly want.

I'm just jealous ;) as my crazy mind, who refuses to be tied down to my currently boring and dare I say dangerously normal existence, screams: "I should go there too!!!No! I should be there."

Prior commitments have taken precedence over my travel and adventure projects within the last months, thus necessitating me to eject-stop-abandon whatever plans I have that approach anywhere close to going on a trip, having fun and soaking in the beach. Yet being the irrepressible dreamer that I am, the respite from my byahera-mode only made my mind full of thoughts of travel, foodie adventure, and fun escapades. But because I (momentarily) let normalcy have its stupid way so that I'm jerked back to the droning reality of work and studies in the middle of my dreams, I just indulge my hunger for the road and outdoors by drowning myself in travel shows airing at Discovery Channel's Travel and Living Channel. Anthony Bordain, Samantha Brown, Bobby Chin and even the irritatingly chirpy Janet Hsieh became my instant bff's as I build my dreams of perfect getaways. My heart pounds as I ponder on my carefully laid out plans, but at the same time, I keep them safely tucked in my fantasybank until the right moment arrives.


Yup, it's all plans, plans, plans...plans as fragile as my gossamer dreams. I try my best to hold my skepticism at bay though--having faith in fate that someday I will have a breather to pursue my one passion that infuses me with zeal for life. One day I will have my time. The place, near or far, is immaterial. I just need to move. Watch out world, I'll be on my way out in no time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Peace and Beauty in Mount Isarog: The Stone House Garden Resort Day Out

SUBIC ISLAND: The Off the Beaten Path Wonder of Matnog, Sorsogon

JUAG FISH SANCTUARY: The Off the Beaten Path Wonder of Matnog, Sorsogon (Part II)