Mashitta Experience: Japanese and Korean Foods on a Budget


Hot, Filling and Delicious Meals @ Masshita (U.P. Diliman, Shopping Center)
The Bar Exam last year taught me a lot of things about life and about what I really want and how far I can go. On the other hand, the gruelling demands of the review also taught me to take care of myself and to consider once in a while the value of a reward after a hard day's work :) I think the same goes for many of my fellow reviewees who also felt the pressure and thus, the need to have a break from time to time. This has led us--my fellow reviewees, Jessie and Chris, and I--to try Mashitta, a small restaurant located at UP Diliman's Shopping Center that serves Japanese and Korean cuisines. 

The Savillas with An Appetite: With Jessie, doing the K-Pop pose:) 

On the Road to Yumminess. Thanks Chris C. for these pics! :)
Don't be fooled by its small and simple place. Mashitta serves an impressive selection of Japanese and Korean foods. Although most of the foods' flavor, I believe, are adjusted to cater to the local palate, they still taste close to the original. For someone like me who loves Asian food, particularly Japanese (and it's a good thing that I have friends like Jessie and Chris who are equally foodie adventurers), I found our orders quite satisfying. What is more, they all come with an affordable price. Our orders of Miso Ramen and Spicy Guksu are all priced at P100. That's pretty sulit already given the amount of serving, which can be good for sharing between two not-so-matakaw diners but definitely not for us hehe.  
Miso Ramen for the Boys: In Honor of Naruto...Seriously!


Life is a Bowl of Hot Noodles and I'm Going to Eat It :)
The boys ordered Miso Ramen because it is the favorite of Naruto, an anime character they apparently admire. Hay boys tlaga! They don't even like to share it with me because, according to Chris, Naruto doesn't like to share. I don't know if that's really true or he just made it up so he won't share hehe. I, on the other hand, ordered Spicy Guksu because I like spicy and I wanted to try Korean noodles.


Kimbap :) I can eat a whole dish of this!
Our other orders are Kimbap and California Maki. If I remember correctly, their prices range from P90 to P110. My bad, I forgot the exact amount hehe. But still, they are quite affordable. And notwithstanding the relatively low price, the taste is big all the same :) Anyways, we all dig in and enjoyed our meals.

My succeeding dining experiences at Mashitta were with Kends and August and then, with Namie and Ruben. Kends ordered Maki; August, tofu and spicy pork; Namie, Jjampong; and Ruben, Yakisoba. I also tried Jjampong and Spicy Squid. The prices of these foods rarely go beyond P110. Indeed I can say that you get value for your money--or more.The jjampong was a tad bland for my taste, but I still liked its spicy seafood and nori flavor. I was a little bitin with my spicy squid because there was more vegetable than squid on my plate, but overall the taste was good.

So that's it, my Masshita meals with friends. Really, what do time- and cash-strapped bar reviewees do during their free time to break away from the droning routine of study and more study? Well, usually, during the rare moments when we have some free time to indulge our fancy, we simply sleep, chat and eat :) Boring right? But these little pleasures--like our Mashitta food trips--have given us the sweet escapes, the respite we need to replenish our energy reserves to take in some more. FIN.

How to Reach Mashitta:
When in UP Diliman, just ride the "IKOT" jeepney and get-off at the Shopping Center. The Shopping Center is located near the university chapel and just beside the infirmary. Inside the Shopping Center there you will find Mashitta, which is beside the Alicia stall, which sells yummy FIC icecream :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Peace and Beauty in Mount Isarog: The Stone House Garden Resort Day Out

SUBIC ISLAND: The Off the Beaten Path Wonder of Matnog, Sorsogon

JUAG FISH SANCTUARY: The Off the Beaten Path Wonder of Matnog, Sorsogon (Part II)